Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's May!

  Summer is etching it's way out.  So far the heat has been turned up in Long Beach and even higher inland.  Me and one of my daughters were working on a painting for a school project and the paint and varnish medium was drying while she was working. My mom introduced me to Golden Open Acrylics which have a slow dry time of about 2-3 days depending on thickness.  I LOVE this paint! Definitely on the pricey side, but the color fastness, tint and transparency is stunning!  It's worth every penny. I helped Reese thin  the Golden Manganese Blue Hue with flow aid  then added gloss varnish medium (my mom taught me this technique -Thanks mom!) to the paint for a transparent overlay to rub over her existing background. So pretty. I'm so proud of my budding little artists! All four of my girls have such natural talent just exploding. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment