Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Senseless Sorrow" 16x40 unfinished

  One of my current paintings has a compelling theme behind it.  My soul has been overcome over the past few years about the senseless rapes and murder of women and children in Africa.   The horrific rape as a method of war in the Congo and other parts of Africa is devastating the people on a physical and psychological level.  The problem is escalating and children as young as 6 months old are being abused.
 So, this piece is not a happy one but perhaps it can bring more awareness to people.  When you're sipping your wine and relaxing watching your children pray perhaps you can send a prayer out. I am looking into seeing what reputable organizations can take donations what we can do to help. I know that I will be donating proceeds to a percentage of my work sold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment